9/2/12

Fresh Inspiration for Fall


I stopped in at my favorite Nashville bead store, Be Dazzled Beads, on my way home from Louisville. Owner, Warren Feld’s, mission is to carry every color of seed bead available, and he delivers on that dream, as these photos attest.
Hanks of Czech Seed Beads at Be Dazzled


Just a sampling of Be Dazzled's selection of size 11 and 15 seed beads

My quest yesterday was to gather up all the beads I could find afford in my favorite color from Pantone’s Fall 2012 Color Report - Titanium, a lovely warm gray with a bit of silvery shine. And since I was literally surrounded by Be Dazzled’s gorgeous walls of color, I splurged on some pops of Ultramarine and Rhapsody that I can’t wait to pair it with.
 
Gray has always been my go-to neutral for Fall. Do you have a favorite color combination from this season’s Color Report?
 

8 comments:

  1. The one time I've been to Be Dazzled, it took me a good ten minutes to close my gaping mouth enough to concentrate on shopping instead of ogling. Something tells me it's time for another trip down I-65...

    Hope you had a good trip back home, without too much rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, love those colors!!! I can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I wish I had the room for seed beads like that! I can't imagine how you can even pick and choose! Can't wait to see what you make. The blue, green and pink are calling to ME, but then again, there's nothing, and I mean nothing, neutral about me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow!!! Look at all those seed beads. I'm shocked and amazed... and drooling.

    My favorite color combination would have to be the one you picked out. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this falls colors, can't wait to incorporate them into my beading. What a fun bead store, I wish we had that in Edmonton.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am kicking myself very hard right now. I was in Nashville with the family. They grow weary of my bead shopping on vacation (because I always do), so I struck a deal with them~I would only bead shop if we just happened upon a bead store. If these pictures were posted before the vacation, I would have made sure we "accidentally" came across it! Wow! You must be in Paradise every time you go there! I am really drawn to the Titanium and French Roast, Tangerine Tango and Ultramarine Green. Your stash is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like you, I would choose honey gold and titanium but I would add in the rose smoke in lieu of the espresson...hmmm...I love honey gold and rose...thanks for sharing. I wish I had a store that had ALL of those seed beads. That's pretty much heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love gray because it's a much better neutral for me than basic black. Black looks too stark against my very pale, olive skin and it does nothing for my honey blonde hair, either!

    I'm definitely excited to see that gray is making a comeback this Autumn; I love it year 'round.

    Thanks for the heads up on that bead shop. Even though I don't work with seed beads (I'm in awe of those who do!), I'll definitely check it out the next time I'm in Nashville.

    ReplyDelete