1/6/10

Beads with a Story

For Christmas this year, I had great fun making earrings and bracelets for some family gifts. But for my daughter’s November birthday, I found a handmade treasure from another source. I was looking for new color ideas for my own designs in a local boutique when the owner showed me some bracelets from a new company she recently discovered.




These Share Bracelets by Praols are handcrafted by stay at home moms and low income single mothers, helping them earn an income without paying child care expenses. Enclosed with the bracelets is a gift card asking the recipient to keep one bracelet for herself and pass the remainder on to others.

The best part of the gift? Receiving Heather’s e-mail telling me who she passed her bracelets on to. Peace went to a friend who was having problems at work, and Dream went to a young widow studying for the GED (she passed!). She had lunch with an old friend who was having trouble with her kids, so she gave her Hope. A friend’s mother who recently lost her own best friend was given Faith.
Women inspiring women! What a great idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment