10/28/12

October Fest Celebration: Bumps in the Night


Rita of Toltec Jewels is hosting a blog and Facebook hop today to celebrate the splendor of Autumn – participants were encouraged to take up the challenge with jewelry, beads, home decor, recipes – all manner of creative pursuits will be on display.

I chose to celebrate the brilliant oranges, yellows and reds of Fall and pay homage to the ghosts, the goblins and  the thrills and chills of Halloween. My “Bumps in the Night” necklace is designed around three beaded beads. The central  geometric bead is from a pattern by the uber-talented Jean Power and the banded beads are from a tutorial by the wonderfully creative Sharri Moroshok. Most of the season-perfect yellow and orange supporting beads are from SueBeads.
 

Click on this link to see our host, Rita’s, offerings and links to the list of 40+ participants. Then join me on this delightful hop - I can’t think of a more inspiring way to celebrate the last week-end of October!

18 comments:

  1. Hi:
    WooooW! What the sunny colors:-)Fantastic composition with beaded beads.Lovely necklace for the 'October Fest' celebration.Autumn can be always sunny thanks to this:no rain,no heavy clouds,pretty,optimistic mood.
    Warm Greetings-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karin,
    Your necklace is beautiful! I love all the oranges, reds, yellows, and greens accented with the black just make those colors pop, and those beaded beads are awesome.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karin that necklace is fantastic! Love the colors and the different textures! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - beautiful and the colors just pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about your necklace: texture, colours, media mix, design. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome colours, lovely textures, great talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love beaded beads and thanks for the links!
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  8. For Sure! this necklace definitely pays homage to Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is pretty. Those colors absolutely pop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I simply love the beaded beads...
    Love your necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That necklace is just stunning! I can see wearing it with a dark turtleneck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is some beautiful necklace, I love the colors, I love the design, absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karin, I LOVE the beaded beads -- they're just gorgeous! Terrific homage to autumn, too. Makes me want to snuggle under a blanket with some hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have the most beautiful jewelry here. Oh, that orange ---so vibrant and I love the necklace below that too. Good luck on your craft fair.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! You know I love orange and yellow together! Such a fun necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your beaded beads are amazing - definitely a perfect fall necklace!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful and playful! Happy Fall. I had to take Rita to ER. She will comment asap.thanks, Lee

    ReplyDelete