4/27/10

A Novice No Longer

I marked my first year of beading by taking a Sherry Serafini bead embroidery class on Saturday. It was great to have the opportunity to learn a new discipline from the master! Sherry is genuinely warm and open and took a very personal interest in each of the 20 or so students in our class.

She brought a new project designed just for the Atlanta class – the Collage of Components cuff, which has a very cool vintage look. I got a good start on it during class, but haven’t (so far!) had the guilt-free week of beading I prepared for. I hope to find a few hours later in the week to finish the design.

Sherry encouraged me to sign up for next year’s 2-day beaded purse class, which I did, on the spot! The best part of the day? Getting the chance to see her incredible works of art in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment