2/16/13

Pretty Things in my Mailbox

How excited was I to learn that my partner for this year’s Bead Soup Blog Party was none other than our hostess, Lori Anderson?



Over the top! It was on my first visit to Pretty Things, where I was introduced to Lori’s deliciously photographed, lively designs, that I aspired to venture beyond my first love, beadweaving, into wire working and more.
Lori's Strawberry-Limeade bracelet
Lori gave new definition to the term jewelry artist. I still remember the first post I read on Lori’s blog. It was about getting away…and coming home; weaving together books, bridges, friendly baristas, and a how-is-it-humanly-possible-to-have-such-a-clean bedroom. That post made me want to be a better blogger!
And speaking of pretty things… here’s what arrived in my mailbox yesterday.



Lori has recently been under the weather, and while she was confined to the aforementioned, picture-perfect bedroom, she made this bag to hold my bead soup. How awesome is that? And she included the stone cab, not as part of the soup, but just for some extra fun!
 
I am so excited about that Thai silver focal, assembled by Lori! And those colors, captured in glass, gemstone and ceramic! I can’t wait to lay them all out on my mat and play around with them, just to visualize the possibilities. But first…I have to go tidy up my bedroom!

6 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful soup to inspire your creativity and your crochet bag and extra cab were a super-sweet touch, too. Leave it to Lori to make lemons (migraine hell) into lemonade (crochet clutch)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! I went back and reread that blog post you linked -- trust me -- that room doesn't look like that anymore! I never make my bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty soup - and I love the silver focal, too! Can't wait to see what you create!

    And remember: A clean house just means you are spending enough time creating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Bead Soup goodies Karin! I seriously can't wait to see what you create! Have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stopping by all the blogs taking part in the bead soup blog party. cant wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete