2/1/11

Brrr!

We woke up this morning with our grandchildren, in Indianapolis, to a world blanketed in ice. The house and driveway are encased in a thick, glittering sheen of it, and more is tapping down on our roof again as the afternoon slips away. No doubt tomorrow will be another snow day for the kids, too treacherous to venture out.


But for now, a pan of sloppy joes bubbles on the stovetop, soon to be joined by steaming water for our corn-on-the-cob. I brought Roma to finish, a book which reminds me why I love reading, and I have Kate McKinnon’s Corset Stitch directions and some lovely matte gold seed beads to start the design.

Granddaughter Delaney is snuggled up on the couch, scaring herself with an episode of The Haunted on Animal Planet.

And there’s last night’s game of Trivial Pursuit to finish. Ben and I could have put it away if we’d known Who hurled a no-hitter against the Orioles in his debut with the Red Sox in 2001?





Did you answer Hideo Nomo?

Neither did we!


1 comment:

  1. LOL I would have guessed it being from Baltimore. I live abou 20 minutes from Camden Yards.

    ReplyDelete