6/18/10

Shades of Green

While visiting Indianapolis earlier this month, I noticed my granddaughter, Delaney, was sporting newly pierced ears. With her upcoming birthday in mind, I asked about her favorite colors. Orange and green. Seemed like an easy combination until I pulled out my bead stash when I got home and realized I hadn’t inquired what shade of green. Jade, emerald, sage, forest, teal, celery, lime, khaki, kelly, olive, or my all-time favorite crayon color, sea green?

After a few minutes on Google images, I had my direction:











Johnny Depp never fails to inspire! I chose an earthier pairing of colors for the earrings on the left and Alice’s spring-garden-inspired colors, wire wrapped in brass and silver, for the second pair.

Happy birthday, Delaney!

No comments:

Post a Comment